Database

Oct 24, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Hi,

I've been searching around for the database, is there one? If not are there any instructions to get this sample working?

Thanks in advnace

Coordinator
Oct 24, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Hi Tony:

The sample uses the Entity Framework 4.1. EF 4.1 can create a database based on C# class definitions automatically. All you need is a local instance of SQL Express. 

Let me know if you have a specific problem or error. 

Oct 25, 2011 at 1:15 PM
Edited Oct 25, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Hi,

I think i should go through the examples first and get back to you, thanks.

Thanks

Coordinator
Oct 26, 2011 at 1:37 PM

To get around the HTTPS requirements, remove the [RequireHttps] attribute on the AccountController. It's easier to get setup and running without this attribute, otherwise you'll need to go through the steps to get an SSL endpoint up and running (which isn't really needed just to run and experiment with the application).  

May 27, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Tony:

I have the same problem, there no database created when I compiled the application. I have sql server express 2012 in my machine and follows all steps In the example ,
When I made connection to the database, test connection is successful but no OdeToFoodDb is no where to found, would you help

Thanks

Lan Nguyen
Coordinator
May 29, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Hi Lan:

Is there an error message when you run the program? If not, in 2012 the database should go to the (localdb)\v11.0 instance.